40+ Things for Families to do in the Prospect & Goshen Area!
If you’re raising your family in the Prospect or Goshen areas, you will find it to be a great place for neighborhoods, schools and family-friendly activities. Here are just a few of the things that families can do together in Prospect or Goshen:
1. Watch free outdoor movies at Christ Church at Goshen during the summer!
2. Enjoy a kids eat free night at a local restaurant!
3. Sign up for fantastic after-school programs (like STEAMPunks) at the public schools or area childcare facilities like Saint John UMC!
4. Join the Hillcrest Hurricanes swim team!
5. Let your young children develop their love and skills of basketball through the Upward Basketball program.
6. Support Goshen Elementary School’s very impressive and large cross country team.
7. Visit Henry’s Ark. Past Prospect resident, Henry Wallace, started the petting zoo where families can visit for free.
8. Catch a train ride at the City of Prospect Fall Festival!
9. Be wowed at Hermitage Farm’s Fall Festival. There are different equestrian competitions, kids can carve a pumpkin, ride a pony, or eat delicious food truck food!
10. Visit two great family YMCAs in Norton Commons or Buckner!
11. Don’t worry about cooking dinner when Saint John UMC has food trucks during the work week!
12. Explore the outdoors at The Creasey Mahan Nature Preserve.
13. Grab a fish fry dinner at the North Oldham Lions Club during the Lenten season.
14. Take it easy at the Goshen General Store.
15. Kayak Harrod’s Creek. Or rent a paddle board or canoe!
16. Send your kids to Summer camps offered at St. Francis School, Creasey Mahan Nature Preserve and Zubrod Stables.
17. Step out onto US 42 to watch a world-class IronMan competition! Cheer for the bicyclists riding down Prospect & Goshen roads.
18. Grab some ice cream at Dairy Queen or Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen.
19. Drop off your children at Power & Grace Gymnastics & Dance for parent’s night out.
20. Celebrate a fiesta at Gustavo’s Mexican Restaurant, eat pasta at Bistro 42, brunch at Melrose Café, try bison at Burning Bush Grill, or spicy Mongolian Beef stir fry at L&J Asian Cuisine,
21. Read a book in an old dairy barn at the Oldham County Public Library Mahan Branch.
22. Eat pancakes with Mr. & Mrs. Clause at the North Oldham Lions Club.
23. Get hosed down by the North Oldham Fire Department during Family Fun Day!
24. Take horse riding lessons at Zubrod Stables.
25. Take a drive down River Road and enjoy dinner next to the Ohio River.
26. Check out the amazing schools – public, private and early childhood preschools!
27. Celebrate Kentucky’s signature industries: food, bourbon and horses at Hermitage Farm.
28. Interact with beautiful butterflies at Creasey Mahan’s Butterfly & Pet Day Celebration.
29. Host the best pony party at Wanaja Farm.
30. Catch a glimpse of the Thunder Over Louisville airplanes flying over Hays Kennedy Park.
31. Hike at Little Hunting Creek or Putney Pond.
32. Shop the excellent consignment sale twice a year with the Saint John Kids Kloset.
33. Campout and roast marshmallows together.
34. Trick or Treat along a nature trail.
35. Celebrate the 4th of July at “Boomsday” at Cowley Park.
36. Take a pony ride at the Prospect Fall Festival at Gingerwoods!
37. Order your groceries online and pick them up at the store! The Kroger grocery store has the convenient Click-List service.
38. Picnic at the Belknap Community Park.
39. Swing, fly a kite, kick a soccer ball at Harmony Park.
40. Perfect your swim stroke with swim lessons at The Paramont Clubhouse indoor pool.
41. Participate in the summer reading program at the library.
42. Ride bikes at Hays Kennedy Park.
43. Catch a game, play or performance at North Oldham High School.
44. Shop at the farmer’s market at St. Francis in the Fields Episcopal Church.
45. Go sledding at Creasey Mahan Nature Preserve.
and much more!
Thank you to The Weil Team for supporting Oldham Family Fun!