Creasey Mahan Nature Preserve in Goshen, Kentucky
One of Oldham County’s greatest gems is definitely Creasey Mahan Nature Preserve in Goshen! There are open fields, nature trails, water features, a great nature center, programs and now an amazing new natural play area!
Head to Creasey Mahan Nature Preserve in Goshen to check out the new natural playground. Children will love exploring the rocks and other natural features!
There are surely more than just five great things about Creasey Mahan Nature Preserve, but you will have to visit and discover them all for yourself!
5 Things About Creasey Mahan Nature Preserve
1. The Preserve is 170 acres with 9 miles of hiking trails, a brand new playground, a brand new natural playground, gazebos, public restrooms, cool frog pond, waterfalls and natural springs. It is also dog-friendly, so bring Fido on a leash!
2. The Preserve is visitor-supported. Through charitable donations, visitors can explore for FREE! You can also tour the grounds virtually with Tavia. Check out the video below.
Take a Walk with Tavia #42 highlights Sweet Coneflower (Rudbeckia subtomentosa). This plant loves the warmth and humidity of summer. Sweet Coneflower is also beloved by bees and small butterflies. Enjoy!
Posted by Creasey Mahan Nature Preserve on Wednesday, August 19, 2020
3. There are several fun events planned during the entire year, some are even FREE! Family campouts, a Trick or Treat Trail, a Butterfly and Dog Adoption Day, Family Fun Day and Christmas Celebration are just a few of the great events!
4. The indoor Nature Center has exhibits, crafts and a cool scavenger hunt for children! Check their website for hours. (The Nature Center is currently closed due to Covid-19.)
5. The nature-based preschool, Thrive Forest School is located at Creasey Mahan. Thrive Forest School hosts summer camps for young children, too.