Creasey Mahan Nature Preserve in Goshen, Kentucky
One of Oldham County’s greatest gems is definitely Creasey Mahan Nature Preserve in Goshen! There are open fields, nature trails, water features, a great nature center, programs and an amazing playground and natural play area!
Head to Creasey Mahan Nature Preserve in Goshen to check out all that it has to offer. Families love exploring the grounds together.
There are surely more than just five great things about Creasey Mahan Nature Preserve, but you will have to visit and discover them all for yourself!
5 Things About Creasey Mahan Nature Preserve
1. The Preserve is packed full of outdoor fun in 170 acres. The Preserve includes: 9 miles of hiking trails, a brand-new playground, a brand-new natural playground, gazebos, public restrooms, cool frog pond, waterfalls and natural springs. It is also dog-friendly, so bring Fido on a leash!
2. The Preserve is visitor-supported. Through charitable donations, visitors can explore for FREE!
3. There are several fun events planned during the entire year, some are even FREE! Guided hikes, a Trick or Treat Trail, bird watching, Butterfly Ball and Christmas Celebration are just a few of the great events!
4. The indoor Nature Center has exhibits, crafts and a cool scavenger hunt for children! There are four dioramas in the center and small play area for children. Check their website for updated hours.
5. The nature-based preschool, Thrive Forest School is located at Creasey Mahan. Thrive Forest School hosts summer camps for young children, too.