7 Fun Reasons to Visit the Oldham County Fair
We love that the Oldham County Fair offers the flair of a larger scale fair, but with a small-town community atmosphere! Here are our 7 FUN Reasons to visit!
The Oldham County Fair is fun for everyone. Here are 7 reasons you should go to the fair this summer!
- Low admission price!: It’s only $12 for fair admission to the different entertainment scheduled and unlimited midway rides! No waiting in long ride ticket lines when you get there. Free admission for children 29″ and below. If they want to participate in the age-appropriate rides, caregivers will need to purchase individual ride tickets for them. (Cash only at the admission gates.)
- Fair rides, games, and food! There are rides for thrill-seekers and rides for younger children, too. Take it easy on the ferris wheel or go crazy on the thrilling fireball ride! The fair has usual fair food with corn dogs, funnel cakes and cotton candy or visitors can buy food from other local food vendors.
- Animals! Take a walk through the exotic animal petting zoo. Learn about different animals or take a pony or camel ride!
- Contests! Oldham County residents can enjoy or enter the different contests going on during the fair. Competitions include several categories such as best floral arrangement, photography, wine, jam, cake, bread, quilts and so much more! Choose your competition: Floral, Home & Family Arts or Agriculture. Cash prizes are given to the winners. Other competitions include pageants too! Enjoy the pageantry of residents ranging from baby to Miss! Boys and girls are in the pageants! There is also a Mom of the Year, Dad of the Year and Special Needs competition.
- Track Entertainment! Pack a lawn chair and maybe even some earplugs for the nightly racing scheduled. Sit on top of the hill and watch such races as Monster Trucks, Bulls & Barrels Rodeo, Demolition Derby, Truck & Tractor Pull and more.
- Music & Entertainment! There are several musical acts scheduled during the fair also. A magic show, 4-H activities and local teen bands and other music can be enjoyed.
- Support your community and show pride in Oldham County! Walk around the fair to learn more about local businesses, community services, leaders and more.
The Fairgrounds is located at 2401 West Hwy 146 in LaGrange.
The 2020 Fair is July 28-August 1.
Parking is $3.