Beat the Heat in Oldham County
The summers can get super hot in Kentucky! So hot that maybe we want to stay cooped up in our homes. Here are some ideas on how to beat the heat this summer in Oldham County!
- Check out the air conditioned stores on Main Street in downtown LaGrange – toys, books, antiques, tea parties, ice cream and more!
- Jump at All About Kids Sports Center in Crestwood – check out an open gym and swim! They also have a great VIK pass this summer that allows for unlimited open gym, swim and fun zone visits for only $50 per kid!
- Visit the LaGrange Railroad Museum. Check their website for hours of operation.
- Cailin Art Studio in Crestwood has classes for all ages.
- Swim at the John W. Black Aquatic Center in LaGrange – open late on Friday nights!
- Dance away at Soiree in Crestwood – kid’s and adult dance classes for $5!
- Have water fun at home! Buy cheap water toys at the Dollar Tree in LaGrange or create your own pvc sprinkler with supplies from Ace Hardware in Crestwood. Find water balloons, buckets, sprinklers, thick plastic for slip-n-slides, squirt guns and more at these stores.
- Have quiet time at the Oldham County Public Library in LaGrange, Crestwood and Goshen – cozy book nooks, maker boxes, board games, computers, movies and story times. *Bonus: the Summer Reading Program prize bag has several coupons for admission to Louisville museums, a pool party pass and free ice cream treats in Oldham County!
- Explore the indoor Nature Center at Creasey Mahan Nature Preserve in Goshen – open Monday & Fridays (9am-12pm) and open house Saturdays.
- Exercise or play at the Oldham County YMCA in Buckner – fitness center, gym, pool and indoor arena are open to members. The Norton Commons YMCA is also very close to Oldham County.
- Get creative at the OCS Arts Center in Crestwood – take a class or catch a show!
- Check out the YMCA Community Center in LaGrange – gym, walking track, game room, aerobics rooms and many free activities for Oldham County residents.
- Climb the McDonalds Play Place – grab lunch, a milkshake and play at the LaGrange location.
- Run around at Power & Grace Gymnastics & Dance in Prospect – preschool open gym, parent’s night out and other classes available!
- Enjoy tea time at Sisters Tea Parlor in Buckner – register for one of their special tea events or just stop in for lunch and tea.
- And of course – there’s always a cool treat! Treat yourself to a frozen dessert at Red Peppermint in Crestwood, Serendipity in LaGrange, Dairy Queen in Crestwood and LaGrange or The Shiver Shack in Crestwood.
- Register the kids for Summer Camp or VBS!
- Want to get out of the county? Check out Louisville Family Fun’s List here for movie deals and more!