Experience Gift Ideas in Oldham County
If you don’t want to shop for more “stuff” consider giving an experience gift this holiday season. There are several options around Oldham County for children and adults. Plan a day of fun, a semester of learning or a year long membership for those on your holiday list. Giving the gift of time is something everyone can appreciate and cherish.
1. All About Kids Sports in Crestwood is a great place for young athletes to learn and strengthen skills in gymnastics, swimming, martial arts, basketball, soccer & more for children and teens. Every parent loves receiving open play passes!
2. Cailin Art Studio in Crestwood offers art classes and workshops for all ages. Register your child for that ceramics class they’ve always wanted to try, give a new mom a gift certificate to try out the preschool classes or a friend to try a weekend workshop. We love the small class ratios and one on one instruction at this studio.
3. Plan a date with someone special at Sister’s Tea Parlor & Boutique in Buckner. This cute spot offers special event tea parties, tea for two or more available! My daughter loves the princess parties and I love to meet a friend for tea, some sweet treats and good conversation in a unique setting.
4. Treat someone to dinner. Pick up a gift certificate to one of these great Oldham County restaurants, bakeries and more. Find the full list here.
6. We know it’s cold now, but soon we will be sweating and a membership to the John W. Black Aquatic Center in LaGrange (Buckner area) will be much appreciated!
7. If you have a budding musician, consider a gift from Crestwood Music Shop. They offer instruments for sale or to rent and lessons.
8. If you’re closer to the Prospect area, Power & Grace Gymnastics & Dance is a great place for someone on your list that wants to learn gymnastics or dance. They host special events that are focused on community service, clinics and Parent’s Night Out.
9. Adults and children can take affordable dance lessons at Fred Astaire Dance Studio in Crestwood. Children’s lessons start as low as $5.
10. If you have a teenager to buy for then Open Range in Crestwood has an indoor reball arena. There is a membership available for this fun, adrenaline packed activity! They also just added a nerf gun option! Game On just opened in LaGrange. Click here to learn more about their gaming memberships and fun planned at their store.
11. Yew Dell Botanical Gardens in Crestwood has annual memberships available for individuals or families. This membership allows guests free entry to the Gardens and perks during the year and special events.
12. Adults don’t need to miss out on the experience gift fun. Pewee Valley’s Little Colonel’s Players has season passes available for the theatre enthusiast, Open Range offers lessons and the Kentucky Artisan & Distillery has tours of the distillery. Buy a gift certificate to one of the many spas and salons in Oldham County.
13. There are other unique gift buying opportunities in Oldham County. Maybe you have someone hard to buy for, but would appreciate supporting a great non-profit in the area. Memorial bricks are available to purchase at Creasey Mahan Nature Preserve, Veteran’s Memorial Park in Crestwood and the Oldham County Public Library. Giving Tuesday is December 3, 2019. Find a local Oldham County charity that’s near and dear to your loved one’s heart and donate to them.
14. Do you have someone on your shopping list that could use a night away? Oldham County has some unique Bed & Breakfast places to enjoy such as: Pillow & Paddock Bed & Breakfast, The Inn at Spring Run Farm and Bluegrass Country Estate.
15. Grab a friend, family member or significant other and treat them to wine tasting at The Little Kentucky River Winery in LaGrange. They also offer lunch and occasionally plan special paint nights that are fun to check out too.
16. Looking for more lessons in the Oldham County area? Check out this extensive Lessons & Learning directory from Louisville Family Fun here.